From September 12 to November 16 2017, an equal weight in all 10 businesses has returned 4.61%, excluding any dividends.
Refer to the Top Picks tab to find a breakdown of the portoflio
Top 2 Gainers
1. Savaria Corporation (TSE: SIS)
- Up 16.32%
- Savaria reiterated guidance for fiscal 2018 with revenue growth of 40%.
- Long-term tailwinds of the aging population contribute to Savara’s expectation of 10% organic sales growth.
- An increase of the dividend by 38.5%.
2. Spin Master Corp (TSE: TOY)
- Up 12.24%
- The stock hasn’t moved materially since their earnings report on November 7.
- EPS rose 28%, revenue rose 26.6%.
Top 2 Losers
1. Barrick Gold Corp (TSE: ABX)
- Down 16.42%
- Barrick has cut guidance and the turnaround continues to slow, hammering the stock.
- If the price of gold does move higher, Barrick will benefit and so should the stock price.
- Any gold business investment should be seen as a portfolio hedge and maintained at an appropriate weight.
2. Shopify Inc (TSE: SHOP)
- Down 9.67%
- After a short attack from Citron Research, Shopify fell $30 but the recovered when the CEO responded.
- Their earnings report had nothing major of concern but fell as the company didn’t disclose churn and indicated the business is becoming more cyclical.
- Deemed overvalued and ripe for a pullback, Shopify could see large price movement with any significant news both positive and negative.
I, Jared Flomen, do not own shares in any of the 4 businesses listed above but do own some of the top picks.
Please consult a financial advisor before making investment decisions. This report represents my short term views, not actionable advice.