Along with my investment journal, I will try to update this as much as possible.
Toronto-Dominion Bank (TSE: TD)
- TD Bank is ~10% off its all-time high (current price = $72.62) and currently yields 3.69%.
- Dividend growth 5-year average: 10% (Moneysense).
- Tailwinds: rising interest rates both in Canada and the US.
Savaria (TSE: SIS)
- Savaria is ~31% off its all-time high (current price = $14.01) and currently yields 3%.
- Most recent dividend increases: 17% on September 20, 2018 and 38% on September 11, 2017.
- Why the stock fell off: EBITDA was flat q/q and analyst’s missed EPS as they projected $0.17 vs. $0.06 actual.
- Tailwinds: aging population seeking mobility, management expects $400 million in revenue during FY2019, and a growing monthly dividend.
- Higher risk investment here, but they literally pay you to wait as growth comes in. A lot I like here.
Kinaxis (TSE: KXS)
- Kinaxis is ~32% off its all-time high (current price = $67.72).
- No dividend.
- Why the stock sold off: some orders form Q3 slipped into Q4 and from listening to the conference call, management was confident they would close.
- What I like: no debt, cash continues to grow, solid management team and a proven product that’s gaining market share.
- Another higher risk investment here, as growth stocks have been hit lately, and if orders do slip again the stock could see more selling. I think in 5 years this dip will seem like a buying opportunity.
- I expect volatility going forward, and have ensured that the position size is appropriate.
The Stars Group (TSE: TSGI)
- I’m watching to see if TSGI will fall below its book value per share.
- Current book value per share: $15.41
Photon Control (TSE: PHO)
- Current price = $1.00
- ~40% of the market cap is cash, but at only $110 million, Photon may be too small of a company for me to invest in right now.
Magna International (TSE: MG)
- Current price = $65.99
- Magna recently reported sales up 9% and adjusted diluted earnings per share up 12%.
- $629 million in share repurchases and dividends
- Dividend growth 5-year average: 20% (Moneysense)
I am long TD, SIS, KXS and MG